Welcome Home Angel is hiring again! Please see the job description below if you are interested in joining our rapidly growing nonprofit with a mission to help children with special needs!
Position Type: Full-time/Exempt
Position Breakdown: 60% Fundraising & 40% Program Service/Outreach
Position Description: The Development Manager is responsible for developing and executing an annual resource development plan by seeking out opportunities to identify, cultivate, and solicit prospects to ensure a strong base of ongoing financial support for WHA, both locally and nationally. The position is also responsible for resourcing makeovers and reveal days, supplemented with volunteer coordination.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Execute a comprehensive annual development plan including strategies for effective donor identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship. Strategies may include annual appeals, gift ‘society’ support, donor acquisition, sponsorship acquisition, memorials, matching gift, and other areas as needed.
- Drive the day-to-day implementation of a marketing and public relations plan to build the pipeline of new donors through research and strategic community partnerships.
- Coordinate the direct mail process for all appeals and communications, and assist in the creation and implementation of the marketing strategy for the annual gift campaign each year; including all printed materials, e-communications, phone calls, social media, and the annual giving page of the website.
- Maintain ongoing analysis and progress of annual fundraising metrics.
- Administer and build automated workflow processes within the Donor database.
- Lead the acquisition and stewardship for event financial sponsors and collaborate with other staff to plan and implement cultivation and stewardship events.
- Collaborate with accountant/CPA on donor acknowledgements, stewardship, and timely communication.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must possess a passion for service and a record of accomplishment for achieving goals and meeting deadlines.
- Have outstanding interpersonal and analytical skills; strong written, verbal and problem-solving capabilities with a creative capacity to initiate programs and see them through to completion.
- Possess strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work well with others and independently, and able to communicate a credible presence.
- Have a clear understanding of the role of development, marketing, and public relations and possess the skills to lead these efforts.
- Be an outstanding communicator while sharing the story of WHA in one-on-one situations with individual prospects or in front of small and large groups.
- Knowledgeable of effective development protocols and systems and demonstrated successes of fundraising events.
- Possess excellent computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office and donor management software.
Credentials or Experience
- Demonstrated competence in executing and managing fund development plans.
- Experience in project and volunteer management.
- Possess a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- At least 2-4 years of successful experience in resource development for a nonprofit or educational institution.
- Must be available for activities at night and on weekends for angel makeover reveals, fundraising, and community events.
Benefits include applicable health insurance reimbursement, Simple IRA match (up to 3%), Dependent Care FSA, and generous vacation and holiday time off. Starting base salary range $41,500-$44,000.
No phone calls please. Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Position open until filled.