Welcome Home Angel is hiring again! Please see the job description below if you’re interested in joining our rapidly growing nonprofit with a mission to help children with special needs!
The Project Manager works with volunteer Design Teams to complete home renovation projects for children and is responsible for ensuring timely, effective, individualized, and appropriate space design for each Angel. The Project Manager manages all projects from conception through construction and completion. The Project Manager serves as Volunteer Manager on all design projects and is responsible for regular outreach to secure new volunteer Design Teams and in-kind donations for projects. This job requires frequent travel throughout the Wilmington area, and into surrounding counties.
This position is a full-time, salaried/exempt position.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to)
- Manage a variety of diverse volunteer Design Teams working on separate projects, including initial orientation, regular check-ins, assistance with project ideas, and facilitation of the project approval process.
- Manage all project workflow, oversee the completion of activities, and communicate progress to management.
- Participate in community outreach activities and networking events, with the purpose of engaging new Design Teams and project in-kind donation partners.
- Appropriately document and report on project status using internal database (Salesforce).
- Work with the WHA team to provide timely communication to our supporters on project status and completion, including regular social media postings and as-requested website updates.
- Serve as an ambassador of the mission of Welcome Home Angel in the interaction with current and potential partners and in public at all times.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Experience in project management on home renovation projects
- Ability to work effectively, proactively, and efficiently with volunteers, interior designers, contractors, subcontractors, materials vendors, and other team members to articulate project goals, budgets, and adherence to strict timelines
- Capable of managing multiple projects with ease, juggling and prioritizing multiple projects, with the ability to adjust work accordingly, often against tight deadlines
- Ability to manage a design team with a collaborative leadership style that puts value on relationships, both internal and external, while ensuring high quality design
- Experience in researching, selecting and specifying materials, and finishes
- Strong understanding of budgets, construction schedules, and fees
- Exceptional attention to detail, with high level organizational and planning skills
- Ability to develop and complete projects without continued direct supervision
- Love of creative problem solving
- Able to cultivate, build and nurture lasting family, vendor, and volunteer relationships with ease
- Clear understanding of the critical role of volunteers within a growing nonprofit
- Comfortable with flexible work environment (in office and from home)
- Knowledge and experience in working within the diverse communities of the Cape Fear region
- Knowledge and experience in basic word processing and spreadsheets, specifically Microsoft Suite and Google Docs
- Must have a reliable vehicle with valid driver’s license and car insurance (mileage above 20 miles/day reimbursed at current IRS rate)
- This job may, on occasion, require heavy lifting, kneeling and crouching, as needed to move/carry furniture while assisting Design Teams
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Preferred
- Knowledge and experience with Universal Design, CAPS, or ADA design experience
- Knowledge and experience in database management, specifically Salesforce
- Knowledge and experience with cloud storage, specifically Google Drive and Dropbox
- Knowledge and experience with social media (Facebook, Instagram) and other forms of electronic communication, such as WordPress and iContact
Education and Experience
Candidates should have a minimum of two years of work experience in project management within the interior design or home renovation field, or other related field. A minimum bachelor’s degree is expected, but a high school degree with at least five years of related experience will be considered.
Benefits include applicable health insurance reimbursement, Simple IRA match (up to 3%), Dependent Care FSA, and generous vacation and holiday time off.
No phone calls please. Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Priority consideration given to applications received on or before November 22nd.